1. Such crimes *y be so complex that months or years go by before anyone them.
A) discovers B) discovered C) will discover D) would have discovered
2. In fact，Peter would rather have left for San Francisco than _______ in New York.(2002年6 月)
A) to stay B) staying C) stayed D) having stayed
3. There has been a great increase in retail sales，_______?
A) does there B) hasn′t there C) isn′t it D) isn′t there
4. The boy spent as much time watching TV as he ________ studying.
A) does B) had C) was D) did
5. The article suggests that when a person _______ under unusual stress he should be especially careful to have a well-balanced *t.
A) is B) were C) be D) was
6. By the end of this month, we surely ____ a satisfactory solution to the problem.
A) have found B) will be found
C) will have found D) are finding
7. The conference ____ a full week by the time it ends.
A) must have lasted B) will have lasted
C) would last D) has lasted
8. ---"May I speak to your *nager Mr. Williams at five o′clock tonight?"
---"I′m sorry. M. Williams _______ to a conference long before then."
A) had gone B) would have gone C) has gone D) will have gone
9. She ought to stop work; she has a headache because she ________ too long
A) has been reading B) had read C) is reading D) read
10. The careless *n received a ticket for speeding. He have driven so fast.
A) can’t B) mustn’t C) wouldn’t D) shouldn’t
11. Investigators agreed that passengers on the airliner ____ at the very moment of the crash.
A) ought to * B) must have *d C) must be dying D) should have *d
12. You _______ him so closely; you should have kept your distance.
A) shouldn′t have been following B) couldn′t have been following
C) mustn′t follow D) shouldn′t follow
13. The construction of the laboratory by the end of this year.
A) will have completed B) will have been completed
C) will be completed D) will completed
14. Jack has just phoned to say that he back till Sunday next week.
A) doesn’t come B) will come
C) hasn’t come D) isn’t coming
15. Take the umbrella in case it .
A) is raining B) is going to rain C) rains D) will rain
16. By the end of last year, I in this university for ten years.
A) had worked B) worked
C) was working D) would work
17. Pick me up at 9 o’clock. I my bath by then.
A) can have had B) will have had
C) will be having D) *y have
18. I a glass while I the dinner.
A) broke…was cooking B) was breaking…was cooking
C) was breaking…cooked D) broke…cooked
19. “Michael left for New York this morning.”
“Oh, I thought he until next week.”
A) hadn’t been going B) wasn’t going C) isn’t going D) won’t be going
20. It has been a long time since they last each other.
A) were meeting B) were to meet
C) met D) meet
21. Ever since the family moved to the suburbs last year, they better health.
A) had enjoyed B) are enjoying C) have been enjoying D) could have enjoyed
22. You should have put the milk in the ice-box; I expect it undrinkable by now.
A) had become B) become C) has become D) became
23. This is one of the rarest questions that at such a meeting.
A) are raised B) have ever been raised C) is raised D) has ever been raised
24. When he hurried to the airport, he found, to his great disappointment, his ticket at home.
A) to have been left B) had left C) were left D) had been left
25. The novel is said into seven languages including Russian.
A) to have been translated B) to be translated
C) have translated D) having translated
26. We our own business, but we never had enough money.
A) hoped to have started B) hoped to start
C) hope to started D) hope to have started
27. when she started complaining.
A) No sooner had he arrived B) Scarcely did he arrive
C) Hardly had he arrived D) Not until he arrived
28. There was a knock at the door, it was the second time someone me that evening.
A) would have interrupted B) to be interrupted
C) to have interrupted D) had interrupted
29. Turn on the television or open a *gazine and you advertisements showing happy, balanced families.
A) have often seen B) will often see
C) often see D) are often seeing
30. They hurried there only to find the meeting cancelled. In fact, they at all.
A) need to have gone B) wouldn’t have gone
C) needn’t have gone D) mustn’t have gone